Pre/Post Tan Care
- Day of Session
Exfoliation will be key to a beautiful, long lasting tan! So exfoliating as much as possible before your tanning session helps to eliminate as much ‘dead skin’ as possible, which means your tan will last longer.
Sunless tanning only adheres to the top layer of your skins surface, which is dead skin. Removing as much of the dead skin provides fresh new skin.
We all shed skin on a daily basis, each level of elimination is different so by scrubbing and preparing your skin for your tan will ensure a longer and even tan.
Your body wash is designed to give your skin soft moisture feel, which is an oil base covering upon your skin. This oil base will keep your skin from being able to absorb the tanning product and prevent your color from developing.
Instead of body wash, please use Shampoo as your body wash. Shampoos are designed to cleanse without buildup and this is what you want!
Use baking soda and a wash cloth as an exfoliant. You want to repeat this method at least 3 days prior to your tanning session.
Waxing, Pedicures and Manicures should be done before tanning session. We want to be your last appointment.
We do have a Bottom Policy. Please wear a dark colored bathing suit or Chonies for your tanning session.
Bring or wear loose clothing for after your tanning session. Pajama pants or yoga pants, and a loose fitting top preferred.
(Wearing shorts, dresses or tight tank tops could disturb the tan.)
No lotions or deodorant should be on the skin. These items will block the absorption of the Sunless tanning solution.
- Loose thin pants, perferrably pajama/yoga pants & a thin long sleeve shirt.
- Do not wash hands for at least 4 hours, however apply hand santitizer hourly in the palm of your hand for up to 5 hours.
- Do not shower for at least 8 hours, longer if possible.
- You will begin developing within 1 hour of application, and will continue to develop for 24 hours.
- You will notice a slight smell during this time, this actually is a good sign. It means that your skin is now in development mode.
First Shower Instructions:
- Do not use soap on the areas that were tanned. This could hender the full development of your Flawlous Tan.
- Use your hand as your wash cloth to remove excess bronzer.
- You will notice a tan color coming off your skin, please know this is only the cosmetic bronzer applied to your skin during your tanning session, it’s not your Flawlous tan.
Week of Tan Suggestions:
- Take quick warm showers, not those long hot ones you enjoy. This will hender the length of your tan by loosening up the top layer of your skin, which is where your tan is attached to.
- Please use your hand as your wash cloth, any type of scrubbing will damage the tan quickly..( i.e. Lufahs)
- Not using soap on the tanned areas is advisable due to the fact the soaps will strip your skin and also strip your tan.
- Lotions are very important during this week. It keeps your skin hydrated and will lengthen the life of your tan. We do prefer our brand lotion for matintence, but if your prefer an over the counter product, please use Aveeno.
Should you have any questions during this week, please don’t hesitate to contact Flawlous. We are always glad to assist you in anyway possible.
Wait at least 8 hrs before showering (RECOMMEND next day) You may see color washing off the first time you shower, this is normal.
Apply moisturizer after you shower and everyday after your tanning session. This will help prolong your tan. Do not take long hot baths or showers.
Chlorine for a pool or Jacuzzi can cause your tan to fade faster.
Remember that shaving provides exfoliating too, so do it as least as possible after your tan. Following your tanning session, be sure to use a new razor when shaving, this helps eliminate some of the exfoliation process.